Robin’s Nest welcomes the help and support of our community. As an old Nigerian proverb states, “It takes a village to raise a child”, Robin’s Nest believes it takes a caring community to save children from childhood abuse — and together, we can create the safest place for children to grow and thrive in North Carolina.
Ways you can help:
- Sign up now for Stewards of Children, the evidence-based national prevention education program from Darkness to Light by using the form in our Contact Us section. You’ll also learn the follow-up curriculum developed by Robin’s Nest, Robins to the Rescue, which gives you the tools to respond to suspected child abuse.
- Sign up to volunteer your time. In order to volunteer with Robin’s Nest, you’ll need to fill out a volunteer application, submit a resume, interview with the Executive Director, Shellie Bowlin, complete a background check, and agree to our stringent confidentiality protocols.
- Donate items listed in our Wish List. Please contact the center prior to delivering any items, as we must coordinate drop-offs with our schedule to ensure the highest degree of confidentiality for our clients.
- Donate funds and/or your time during our fundraising events. Contact us to find out how you can volunteer during our Swing Into Spring and Victory Classic Golf Tournaments, as well as other fundraising events as they arise.
- See if your employer has a volunteering program and sign up a team of your coworkers to complete simple building upkeep and maintenance projects, yard and grounds beautification, and other creative ideas to help us provide a safe and inviting atmosphere.
If you have any additional ideas for ways to help, please use the contact form in the Contact Us section.