Robin’s Nest provides a central location for delivery of services to abused children, using the Multi-Disciplinary Team approach to provide a continuum of care for child victims.
Interview and Case Review by a trained Multi-Disciplinary Team (MDT)
- Forensic interviews in a child friendly setting with trained professionals allowing children to tell in their own words the events of abuse
- Forensic medical examinations by medical professionals who have been trained through the UNC Child Medical Evaluation program
- Connection to shelter and protective services, as required
- Advocacy throughout the legal process
- Mental Health counseling services for child victims and non-offending family members
- Community education and awareness about Child Abuse
All services are intended to decrease the trauma already suffered by child victims, increase the likelihood of successful prosecution, and enhance our community’s capacity to provide protective services. Our intent is to provide hope and assist in the healing processes to enable the child to reconcile the past and embrace the future.
Our services are available to all ages of children, from 0 to 18. No victimized child or non-offending caregiver is ever charged for services received at Robin’s Nest.